Since not everyone will be familiar with every term used here, I’ll try to keep an updated list of whatever vocabulary might be useful for people to reference. Terms should be in alphabetical order.
- GSM – Stands for Gender and Sexual Minorities. One of the many alternatives to LGBT. (Related: GSRM, MOGAI)
- GSRM – Stands for Gender, Sexual and Romantic Minorities. Related to GSM, it’s also an alternative to LGBT. (Related: GSM, MOGAI)
- Marginalized – Used to describe when a group of people is put at a systemic disadvantage by their society, due to the trait that group shares. People can be marginalized on many different spectrums and to different degrees on some spectrums, so people usually have privilege in some ways and are marginalized in others. (Counterpart: Privilege)
- MOGAI – Stands for Minority Orientations, Gender identities And Intersex. Also abbreviated as MOGIAI, MOGI and MOGII, it’s a more inclusive/general version of LGBT (and shorter than LGBTQIAPDNGetc.). (Related: GSM, GSRM)
- Nonbinary – Describes gender, and includes all identities that are not strictly male or female.
- Privilege – Used to describe when a group of people are given systemic advantages by their culture due to a trait the group shares. People can have privilege on many different spectrums and to different degrees on some spectrums, so people usually have privilege in some ways and are marginalized in others. (Counterpart: Marginalized)
- Sizism* – Refers to when people are marginalized due to their weight.
* Things which I would like more detail or clarification on, and if anyone would like to contact me with a better/more accurate/more detailed definition, that would be awesome. Feel free to contact me about that in general for any definition, but the ones with asterisks I’m particularly help with.
More will be added as I think they may be needed, or when anyone asks.